Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

SPT

this month, lelly suggested "wouldn't it be great if we spent this month giving gifts! and before you lovingly remind me of the economic recession, let me add that no money is to be spent on these gifts! let's focus on the gift of service, the gift of a smile, the gift of a repurposed or gently used item, the gift of a kind word. you know, those gifts that would be hard to wrap in a box with a pretty bow.

tuesday, april 21: gift a neighbor, teacher, or co-worker"



i am a nurse that works with a group of great ladies... and we switch shifts with each other all the time. if someone needs off for something, i can guarantee you someone will switch shifts with her so she can go do what ever it is she wants off for! in march, i switched with two of my co-workers and worked their weekends for them. i didnt have anything going on, so i gave them the gift of the weekend off so they could spend time with their families at first communions and birthday parties!


sorry for the low quality picutre...it was taken with my cell phone

10 comments:

Unknown said...

that is a fantastic gift! i know how much i appreciate it when someone can cover for me :)

donna said...

that was such a great gift!I agree with Lelly, I am sure your co-workers wee very HAPPY!

Bahama Shores Mama said...

I'm sure your coworkers look at that as a gift as well!

vgsmom said...

Oh wow!! That's a great gift. They are fornuate to have you.

amy gretchen said...

What an excellent gift. It's so nice to know who you can count on.

Mrs. Match said...

Excellent gift, it's so nice to be able to help each other out that way.

Linda said...

I do the same thing Jenn and truthfully, I don't mind working weekends. Less docs around and seems that the patients are more mellow!?!

Just last night I volunteered to be the late nurse so another nurse could go home...I wasn't due back today but she was. Sometimes it's just the little things that mean alot to someone else.

Jeanette said...

What a perfect gift. I bet your
co-workers love you!

Lene said...

That's a great gift. It sure makes working so much nicer if you work with great people.

TheBMillers said...

such a sweet co-worker you are.. I bet they appreciated it

Barbi