Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

june 20th

today is a big day for two reasons...

miss finley is 5 months old! and....


....its matts FIRST FATHERS DAY

i found this poem online and just love it....

Daddy's Little Angel
When you were born you filled my heart with pride,And I was overcome by the joy I felt inside.As I held you in my arms that very first day,I knew I would never let any harm come your way.With your tiny little hands and tiny little feet,Every time I look at you my heart skips a beat.As I watch you sleep in the middle of the night,I hope and pray I will do everything right.I know I may make some mistakes along the way,But I promise to do my best not to every single day.I often wonder what you will grow up to be,But whatever you become will be fine with me.So whatever you may decide to do in your life,Maybe an astronaut, a lawyer, or even a doctor's wife.I can say this without any doubt at all,I will always be there to catch you if you fall.And another promise I make to you from me,Daddy's little angel you will always be.

i think matt's had a great weekend....

friday night we met some of my friends out and had mexican...


saturday i mowed the lawn so he didnt have to!

saturday night we went out with my bff and her family to dinner....we had mexican...(two days in a row of mexican....we are a tootin household!)


today, we got up and went to church early...they had a fathers day breakfast!


finley wore her "daddy's girl" bow and onsie...


these pictures were right before we had to change her onsie...see how it is all wet down the front of it? someone might have guzzled her entire bottle without a burp...the up-chucked just a tad!!! but matt did a GREAt job of catching it!!!!! so none got on him!




Posted by Picasa


later today we are going to his parents house for BBQ pork steaks for dinner...i made a scrumptious dessert called death by chocolate! it has chocolate pudding, cool whip, brownies, and heath peaces all layered a few times!!!! yummo!


finley and i went shopping for matt....and she wanted to buy everything she saw for daddy...we had to narrow it down some, so this is what she picked out...

we bought him 2 shirts, one says "proud dad" (bought here) and the other is a cardinal shirt that says #1 dad on the back.


then she wanted to buy him some gray athletic shorts with the cardinal logo on them too...so we did!


she also saw some new brown flip flops that she said daddy had to have cause the ones he wears now are falling apart!


and then while we were still in the shoe isle, she saw some black adidas flip flops she said he needed too...so now he has those as well!

as we were walking towards the checkout...we walked past the golfing section, and finley knows how much daddy loves to golf, so she picked out a ball marker that clips to his had and a divot repair tool. she said she heard him tell someone he needed these things....she thinks now he will play like tiger woods....wishful thinking finley!

she bought him some kit kats candy bars too

and had me print out the very first picture of the two of them, right after she was born and put it in a frame. the frame she picked out was one of the frames i got for mothers day!

whew! boy does that girl know how to shop!!!
but the best present of all...is of course miss finley herself!
she also picked out two cards....one about being daddys girl and one that says happy first fathers day. she put her feet prints in the daddys girl card...i sat her in her bumbo on the counter and painted her feet red...they turned out pretty well...until she started squirming and wrinkled her toes up while doing the second foot!







happy fathers day hunky hubby....you are the best daddy! and i just love watching you and finley play!!! she is sooooo her daddys girl! i look forward to many more years of watching you two together!!!!

last night, finley wasnt feeling so well and woke back up around 11 PM...so her and daddy hung out....

and watched a little tv....

like father, like daughter!!!
until finley fell back to sleep....


and daddy may have dozed as well....



i will post finley's 5 month post tomorrow....i think both the 5 month post and the first fathers day post both deserved their own days!!!!......
happy fathers day to all you dads out there!!!!!

i love you matt!

3 comments:

TheBMillers said...

man that girl can shop.. Only gets worse with age so watch out

barbi

Brandi Buehrer said...

Happy Fathers Day Matt!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Matt had a great fathers day.How could he not?Great pics as always.
Mimi